Jenna Black's Blog Experiment

Wherein romance author Jenna Black plunges into the terrifying new territory of blogging . . .


 

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Less than a week to go!

The Devil Inside comes out on Tuesday of next week. My regular readers know what that means for me--time for the Attack of the Rabid Butterflies. I'm told the nerves never go away, which is just such a cheerful thought. Yes, there's plenty of excitement at the thought of a new release--particularly this new release, which signals the start of a new series in a new genre. But the nerves are killing me. I've been irritable, I'm having trouble sleeping, and I'm having tons of trouble concentrating on my last month of my day job. Ah yes, the carefree life of a writer!

Luckily, the nerves don't seem to be hampering me too much in the writing department. I'm somewhere around the halfway point of The Devil's Due, the third book in the Morgan Kingsley, Exorcist series. The book is due in to my editor by January 2, so, although it's going well, there is still a fair amount of stress involved.

So enough of the whining, and on to the good stuff. I learned on Monday that I have made my first sale of translation rights! The first three books of the Morgan Kingsley series are going to be translated into German. That is just so cool! I've also been nominated for my high school's Distinguished Young Alumnae award. I have no idea who nominated me, and I suspect I don't have much of a chance--popular fiction not usually being considered "important" in academic circles--but I'm still very pleased to be nominated. Especially since this is the last year I'd qualify as "young."

That's it for now. It's almost time for my butterflies and me to go get our hair cut.

3 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Tez Miller said...

German... that is so awesome! :-)

*checks your profile* North Carolina? I thought you lived in New York. Don't know where I got that idea; silly me ;-)

Have a lovely day! :-)

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear you've been nominated for the school alumni! Good luck on your new series. I am looking forward to reading it. The female lead sounds very intriguing!
Going to Germany, how cool!
Kristy Jo

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just wanted to say that I loved the 'Devil Inside'. I just finished it today and would have read it in one go if I hadn't have got sick in the middle!

Full report is on my book blog if you are interested ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Links

Favorite Blogs

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger