Jenna Black's Blog Experiment

Wherein romance author Jenna Black plunges into the terrifying new territory of blogging . . .


 

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hooked on Puzzles

I'll tell you, sometimes I wonder if I'm borderline OCD. In the past couple of weeks, I got completely hooked on one of those silly little Internet games I downloaded from AOL. To the point that my wrist was getting sore from all that mousing, but I still kept saying "just one more game." So I decided I needed to find something else to obsess over--something that didn't involve the computer and the potential of carpal tunnel syndrome.

I turned to something I used to enjoy years ago--jigsaw puzzles. I went on the Internet and found a number of sites that offered a dizzying array of puzzles, and I ordered five of them. While I waited for them to arrive, I dug out a couple of old puzzles I'd done long ago and worked on them with my husband. Tearing myself away from them was always tough--I'll just try to fit one more piece--but at least I wasn't sitting in front of the computer.

The five puzzles I ordered arrived yesterday, and I started on the first only minutes after it arrived. This morning, instead of going directly to my computer to start writing, I found myself hovering over the table on which the puzzle sat. You'll be happy to know I eventually dragged myself away to work on the proposal for a third Morgan Kingsley book, but even now I'm itching to get back to it.

And here's just one more thing to feed my obsession--personalized jigsaw puzzles. Not only do I get a jigsaw puzzle, I get a jigsaw puzzle of the cover of Shadows on the Soul! How cool is that? (I'm working my way up to a puzzle of The Devil Inside cover--I suspect that one would be quite . . . challenging.)

How many people enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles? I don't know how far into the weirdness spectrum this puts me. If you like doing jigsaw puzzles, what sizes are your favorites? And would you find a book cover jigsaw puzzle an appealing contest prize for my website/newsletter contests? (They're kind of expensive, but not so much so that I couldn't do an occasional special contest for one.)

2 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Jenna Black said...

Shari C--

I accidentally hit reject instead of accept while moderating comments, and there doesn't seem to be a way to undo it. Here's your comment, cut and pasted from the email blogger sent me. Sorry!
--------------

I love puzzles! I received a gift not long ago of a puzzle box with not only 1 puzzle inside, but 10!!! There were 2-1000 piece puzzles, 4-750 piece ones and 4 with 500 pieces. I was thrilled and could not wait to start them. I rather like the 500 or 750 piece ones the best as I get anxious to see the finished product. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a puzzle as a prize.

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Lexi said...

I'm not a big puzzle fan, but then if I find one I do like I'd probably be hooked. I'm just very impatient and would rather be doing TONS of other things instead. Still, a good puzzle every few years is fun. Now one of the book cover could be very entertaining.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Links

Favorite Blogs

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger