Jenna Black's Blog Experiment

Wherein romance author Jenna Black plunges into the terrifying new territory of blogging . . .


 

Friday, October 12, 2007

Great News!

I have just accepted an offer to write three more books in the upcoming Morgan Kingsley, Exorcist series! I'm thrilled, not only because this keeps me employed at a time when I'm planning to quit my day job, but also because I really love this series. (Don't get me wrong--I love my Guardians of the Night series, too, but I've already written four of them, and I've only written two Morgan Kingsley books, so I've got a bit more of that just-falling-in-love feeling.)

There's going to be a pretty significant gap between the release of book two (The Devil You Know, which will come out in August 2008), and book three, which it appears won't come out until summer 2009, but after that they should come out every six months or so.

I think I'll celebrate by giving myself a "get out of jail free" card on my planned workout session this afternoon. Happy dancing is a workout all on its own, right?

UPDATE: I just heard from my editor, and it looks like there won't be such a big gap between releases after all. The third Morgan Kingsley book is going on the schedule for Fall 2008. Whoo-hoo!

5 Comments:

At 1:38 AM, Blogger Tez Miller said...

Excellent news, lass! Many thanks to you, your agent and your editor for getting the series going. Now, when are you going to join http://community.livejournal.com/fangs_fur_fey ? (Surely Rachel's told you about them.)

Have a lovely day! :-)

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Jenna Black said...

Thanks for the kind words! I am aware of Fangs, Fur, Fey; however, I believe one needs to be invited to join.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Lexi said...

WOW! Congratulations, Jenna! Excellent news on all fronts. Make sure you celebrate sufficiently!

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Shari C said...

Congratulations on the terrific news. Am definitely looking forward to the Morgan Kingsley series and am sure it will be as exciting and interesting as the Guardians of the Night which I already enjoy.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Tez Miller said...

Nope, you don't have to be invited. You just need to be contracted by a major publisher - and you are.

Have a lovely day! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Links

Favorite Blogs

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger