Jenna Black's Blog Experiment

Wherein romance author Jenna Black plunges into the terrifying new territory of blogging . . .


 

Monday, October 15, 2007

Publishers Weekly reviewed my book!

I don't think this good news can quite compete with last week's new contract, but it's still pretty cool--I got my very first review from Publishers Weekly, for The Devil Inside. And it was a really good one! The highlight is: "A winning heroine, a well-crafted contemporary world where demonic possession is just a part of life and a nice balance of mystery, action and sex. . . . An urban fantasy series kickoff full of promise."

The good news is, I'm thrilled to death. The bad news is, I haven't been able to get a thing done since then. At least not anything that requires brain power.

I thought I'd also share with you my favorite line from an upcoming review from SFRevu. The whole review is very positive, but I still got a special kick out of this one: "Sex is a significant element in the tale: sex alone, sex in couples, straight sex, gay sex, vanilla sex, mild S&M sex." It does rather seem like I've covered all the bases. (I didn't realize I was making a pun until after I wrote that last sentence--guess that's my subconscious at work.) I'm off to do some more Snoopy dancing (at Curves, actually, so I really will be getting a workout).

4 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger Eva Gale said...

Congrats! Missed you at Divas, but I'm thrilled you've had such great news.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Congratulations!

I can't wait to read The Devil Inside, it seems like I've been waiting forever! ;)

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Lexi said...

Wow, more great news! Congrats!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Links

Favorite Blogs

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger