Jenna Black's Blog Experiment

Wherein romance author Jenna Black plunges into the terrifying new territory of blogging . . .


 

Friday, October 05, 2007

I'm Progressive

I finally got around to having my annual eye exam today. (Might as well get it done while I still have good group insurance!) I didn't even need glasses at all until my mid-thirties, and they were only for distance vision. But sad to say, I'm now graduating to progressive lenses. The doc said I'm borderline for them, but I might as well get them now while my insurance will cover part of the cost.

On the one hand, it will be kind of nice not to have to take my glasses off to read. (Especially nice when I'm watching TV and then reading something during commercials.) On the other hand, I didn't really want to know my eyesight is getting worse. It's a reminder that I'm not a twenty- or even a thirty-something anymore. Sigh.

To take the sting out of that realization, I decided to get some fun and funky frames. The frames I have now are very conservative. (You can see them on my author photo on my Bio page.) I guess as I was coming to terms with needing glasses in the first place, I wanted them to be as inconspicuous as possible. My new ones will not be so inconspicuous. And yes, I'll post a picture when I get them, which should be in about a week.

3 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Lexi said...

Getting older stinks.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Jenna Black said...

Yes, but it beats the alternative.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Lexi said...

LOL! Ain't that the truth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Links

Favorite Blogs

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger