Jenna Black's Blog Experiment

Wherein romance author Jenna Black plunges into the terrifying new territory of blogging . . .


 

Sunday, August 12, 2007

My First Interview

When I was at the Romantic Times convention, Circle of Seven (who produced my book videos) arranged to film an interview with me. This was the first time I'd ever been interviewed on camera, and you're probably not shocked to hear that I was nervous.

Those of us being interviewed had been given the interview questions in advance (thank goodness!), so we could prepare ourselves, but of course I still had visions of my mind going blank and me flubbing lots of answers. My nerves got even worse when the lady behind the camera critiqued my first few answers, adding more instructions each time. However, after those first couple of questions, I calmed down and just talked like I normally would.

One of the Ellora's Cave cover models was asking me the questions, but he was never meant to be on camera, so I was supposed to answer the questions as if I were just spouting words of wisdom spontaneously--not as if I was directly responding to a question. That was probably the hardest part. Of course, it was also hard talking to the cover model, who was sitting right under the blinding spotlight. (Kind of like that old cop cliche where they shine the light on you while they ask you questions!) I knew he was there somewhere, but I couldn't exactly see him.

At the very end, they blindsided me with the frighteningly open-ended question, "Is there anything else you'd like to say?" That, of course, immediately caused brain freeze, but they turned off the camera and gave me a minute to think, and I eventually came up with something.

The interview will be posted in three parts on Readers Entertainment TV, and the first part is up now. Click here to see it. After it has been up for a week, I'll be allowed to post it to my own website and MySpace page as well. But I hope you'll give Readers Entertainment TV a look!

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Larissa Ione said...

Oh, cool! Off to check it out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Links

Favorite Blogs

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger