Jenna Black's Blog Experiment

Wherein romance author Jenna Black plunges into the terrifying new territory of blogging . . .


 

Monday, May 14, 2007

The best-laid plans . . .

Well, the signing tour hasn't started out quite like I had planned. My Friday signing at the RDU airport was canceled when the store manager had to have surgery (ouch!) Hopefully, we'll be able to reschedule that one when she gets better. And on the off chance you're reading this, Jackie, I'm sending warm, fuzzy thoughts your way.

This morning, my husband and I set out for Myrtle Beach, the site of my first South Carolina signing. It was a pleasantly uneventful drive. I even got some writing in on the way. But when we checked in at the hotel, I decided to give Waldenbooks a call to check in--and found out that they're closing next week! Someone was supposed to have called me to cancel the signing, because as soon as the store closing was announced, they were no longer allowed to order books, so they didn't have any copies of Secrets in the Shadows. Needless to say, no one contacted me. Bummer.

You might think that being in Myrtle Beach and not having any scheduled activities might be kind of fun. Yeah, it's a beach, and it can be great fun. But this week is what they call Biker Week. Which means there are about one million bikers zooming around town. The noise level on the streets is amazing. I'm glad our hotel isn't right on a main street or I have a feeling I wouldn't be getting much sleep tonight.

The day wasn't a total loss, however. I stopped by a couple of Books-a-Million stores and a Barnes & Noble to sign the books they had in stock. I also signed the copies of Watchers in the Night the Waldenbooks ordered before they found out they were closing.

Tomorrow, it's on to Charleston for a couple days of R&R. (Though with a June 1 deadline for my next Morgan Kingsley book, there's still going to be some writing mixed in with that R&R. Oh, and I'm going to be stopping by as many other Books-a-Millions and Barnes & Nobles as possible. So, maybe not that much R&R after all.)

I did check in with the Charleston Waldenbooks, just to make sure they weren't closing or anything. They aren't, so I'm on for Thursday, May 17 from 11-3.

1 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Blogger Lexi said...

What a bummer about those book signings! It sounds like you took it in stride, though. Good for you. Good luck with the one tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Links

Favorite Blogs

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger