Jenna Black's Blog Experiment

Wherein romance author Jenna Black plunges into the terrifying new territory of blogging . . .


 

Friday, January 12, 2007

Shadows on the Soul Cover


I've gotten my first look at the cover art for Shadows on the Soul, my September entry in the Guardians of the Night series. I think it's really dramatic and striking. It doesn't have the urban feel of the previous two covers, and there are discrepancies between the characters' appearance in the book vs. on the cover, but I still think it captures the dark and sexy mood of the book really well.

I also like the back cover blurb:

The baddest of the bad boys . . .

Gabriel is a five-hundred-year-old vampire with the soul of a Killer. He has defeated his mother in a battle for the territory of Baltimore, and vowed to take vengeance upon his father, the Master of Philadelphia, for a centuries-old betrayal.

Jezebel, Gabriel's new fledgling, is a soul as scarred as his own, yet Gabriel finds that the ice around his heart slowly melts when she is near. But one of Gabriel's ancient enemies has targeted her--and if Gabriel wants to save her, he will have to abandon his plans for revenge and join forces with his father.

The question is not whether or not Gabriel can redeem himself from his past, but whether he can ever forgive himself.
-------------------------------

I'd love to hear everyone's opinion about this new cover!

8 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Sonja Foust said...

I think it's REALLY powerful! The back cover copy is great too. Can't wait to read it!

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Lexi said...

Oh, I really like this cover!

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this cover. Of course everyone who sees it will see something different, but I see his soul being born or set free from/by her. Looking forward to reading it.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Joan said...

I love the cover because to me it show that put are willing to give up something or claim something.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Jennah said...

This is a beautiful cover. One of my favourite perks about being an author is seeing a new cover for the first time. Congrats.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Lara Adrian said...

Jenna, I love your new book cover! And your site/blog redo is great, too!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Jenna Black said...

Thanks, Lara--I didn't even know the blog update was up until I got your comment! (I knew she was working on it, though.)

If anyone wants a fabulous web designer, I highly recommend Shelley at webcrafters! She rocks.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Angela's Designs said...

Great cover art... all of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Links

Favorite Blogs

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger