Jenna Black's Blog Experiment

Wherein romance author Jenna Black plunges into the terrifying new territory of blogging . . .


 

Sunday, July 08, 2007

I Hate Packing!

Tomorrow, I leave for my week-long trip to Dallas to attend the RWA national conference. Which means that today, I have to pack for the trip. Ugh!

I used to travel all over the world with my mom, when I was in my teens and twenties. We had packing light down to an art form, to the point that even when we went on two- or three-week vacations, we each traveled with a single carry-on bag. Of course, part of the reason we could get away with that was because we tended to go for off-the-beaten-track adventure-type travel. Trips where we didn't have to dress up for dinner, etc.

Going to RWA is such a different animal! Not only do I have to pack business attire (as opposed to the whatever-I-can-stuff-in-the-smallest-space outfits I'd take when I traveled with my mom), I have three separate evening events that will require changes of outfits. I imagine my mother rolling over in her grave at the thought of me possibly needing more than one bag! (I'm going to try to stuff everything into one, but I have serious doubts at this point.)

No, this is not a profound or even terribly interesting blog post. It's just my excuse to a) get away from the suitcase for a few minutes, and b) whine about my pitiful existence. (I'm sure everyone's ready to send me flowers and condolence cards based on my predicament.)

Oh well. Time to get back to work. *Sigh*

4 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Lexi said...

And what am I doing? Procratinating as well, thinking about the restof my packing. Did I put enough clothes in there? Will I need another outfit? Should I take one just in case?

I take off tomorrow too. See you in Dallas!

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All over the world... did you make it to the state of Victoria, in Australia? ;-)

Have a lovely day! :-)

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Sonja Foust said...

Yeah I'm having trouble garnering sympathy for my plight of not being able to fit more than 4 pairs of shoes in my bag. I mean c'mon. This is a minor shoe catastrophe. ;) Good luck finishing up with the packing! See you Wednesday!

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Jenna Black said...

Erin--I might have. However, if I did, it was when I was an infant, so I don't remember. My parents lived in Australia for about six months when I was a baby, but I haven't been back there since. I'd love to go, but I don't know if I'll ever convince my husband to sit through a plane ride of that length. (He hates flying.) Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Links

Favorite Blogs

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger