Jenna Black's Blog Experiment

Wherein romance author Jenna Black plunges into the terrifying new territory of blogging . . .


 

Friday, November 03, 2006

Watchers in the Night is Out!!!

I can't believe after all that waiting, the time has finally come, and my book is out there on the bookshelves. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I've gone to the closest local bookstores over the last few days, looking to sign their stock. Most of them seem to be behind in stocking the shelves, so I've had to wait for them to get the stock from the back before I could sign. But one Borders and one Barnes & Noble had them out, so I got to see them on the shelves! At Borders, they even had them on the "New Paperbacks" table! To record this first sighting (and, perhaps, to prove to myself that it was real), I took a couple of pictures.


I have my very first book signing tonight, and then my book launch party tomorrow. Then, it's off to LA for a combination book-signing spree and vacation. (Though considering I have a book due in February, I'll probably have to force myself to do some writing, or at least some plotting and planning, while I'm there.)

I suspect I will be posting to this blog sparingly. While I appreciate those of you who stop by to visit, there aren't a whole lot of you. I've got some killer deadlines, and I haven't quit my dayjob, so something has to give. (Plus, my local RWA chapter is working toward putting together a blog for its published authors, and I plan to be a part of that.)

No doubt I'll still post occasionally, but I will no longer beat myself up when I don't reach my goal of one or two posts a week.

And if you have any Watchers in the Night sightings you'd like to share, I'd love to hear about them. I swear someday this is going to feel real, but it all still has a dream-like quality to me.

9 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your post on Miss Snark's blog about how many books and how many years it took before you saw your first novel in print. Thank you for such an inspiring story! I wish you all the best.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Sonja Foust said...

Weee, congratulations! I'll see you at the release thing tomorrow!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Larissa Ione said...

Awesome! Congratulations!!!!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! Congratulations!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Dayle A. Dermatis said...

Way cool, Jenna! Can't wait to read it!

When will you be in LA, and where? Maybe I can make it down.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Rachel Vincent said...

Congratulations!

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Lexi said...

How wonderful! Congrats to you. Don't worry about posting here. We'll follow you to the published author blog for your local chapter, I'm sure. Take care and enjoy!

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Congrats! It sure took them long enough to notice the talent, but hey we're just glad they did, right?! So happy for you. Enjoy your success--still rootin' for ya and love your work.

Jessi

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Kalayna Price said...

Congratulations!
I picked up a copy today. I can't wait to read it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Links

Favorite Blogs

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger