Jenna Black's Blog Experiment

Wherein romance author Jenna Black plunges into the terrifying new territory of blogging . . .


 

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Another Great Cover!



I got quite a surprise this evening! When I got home from my evening constitutional (in other words, walking the dogs), I had an email from my editor with the cover art for Secrets in the Shadows, the sequel to Watchers in the Night. After the seemingly snail-like pace of getting that first book into the schedule, etc., things are now moving at a breakneck pace for the sequel! It's another fabulous cover, in my opinion. Very striking. (I'm assuming the cover quote will be changed, since it's referring to Watchers. LOL)

Secrets is scheduled to come out in May, 2007. And I've started work on the third book of the series, which I'm tentatively titling Shadows on the Soul. It's due to my editor in August, so I've got to get cracking on it. (Which makes me happy--a little deadline pressure is a great motivator for me.)

Yes, I've been kind of a slacker about the blog lately. Aside from being really busy (I do still work a day job on top of the writing), I'm also running out of brilliant pearls of wisdom to share. (Some might say I ran out of them long ago!) Perhaps it's because I'm funneling all my creative energies into my books. Yes, that must be it.

I will try to be more diligent about posting, but I don't see my time getting freed up in the next few months, so I suspect my posts will be a tad spotty. If anyone has a particular question or subject they think would be good for me to discuss on my blog, please feel free to send it along. Getting an interesting question might spur me into writing this non-fiction stuff more easily.

7 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Sonja Foust said...

Jenna that is a GREAT cover. Before I scrolled down and saw the title, I was admiring the great shadowing, so it's completely appropriate for your title. :-) Can't wait to get my hands on Watchers!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Sonja Foust said...

Jenna that is a GREAT cover. Before I scrolled down and saw the title, I was admiring the great shadowing, so it's completely appropriate for your title. :-) Can't wait to get my hands on Watchers!

 
At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the cover as well Jenna. Looking forward to these being published so that I can read them. LOL Phylis

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hi Jenna!

Been checking out your blog for a few weeks now and I thought I'd introduce myself. How you going?

I love the cover! And the cover for 'Watchers in the Night' is gorgeous too. I've added the book to my to-buy list. Looking forward to it!

Have a GREAT weekend...

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Caffey said...

Jenna, a wonderful cover! I couldn't see where they mentioned wrong with referring to 'Watchers' because I couldn't see it well. They may not notice this error because you know your books best, so do let them know and get a copy of it without that error! Hugs. Do you know the story about Christina Dodd's book with three arms on the cover, LOL.
Thanks for sharing your covers. I'm very excited and the fall can't come soon enough! Cathie

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Jenna Black said...

I have gently mentioned to my editor that the cover quote on Secrets is referencing Watchers. I'm trying never to "assume" anything in this business. This may make me a pain in the neck at times, but I've heard too many stories about assumptions gone wrong.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Marcia Colette said...

Excellent covers on both books for that matter! Your cover artist really rocks! I've got the first book pre-ordered, so I can't wait for the second one.

Have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Links

Favorite Blogs

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger