Jenna Black's Blog Experiment

Wherein romance author Jenna Black plunges into the terrifying new territory of blogging . . .


 

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Postpartum Blues

I hate the time between when I finish my last polishing run for a book and when I start the next book. I always go into something of a slump immediately afterward--hence, the reason I haven't posted to this blog in so long.

I doubt I'm going to have the luxury of indulging in this slump for long, though. I recently got my revision letter for Secrets in the Shadows, my sequel to Watchers in the Night. I haven't actually received the contract yet, so I'm not sure exactly when the revisions are due, but I know the schedule is going to be aggressive. I think starting on those revisions is what's given me the energy to actually write a blog entry today--though I doubt this wil be my most brilliant, witty entry. I'm still not back to full creative mental capacity. I resolve to get my butt back in gear by next week at the latest.

I don't know how long it will be before I get my page proofs for Watchers, but I have a feeling they'll come relatively soon. Won't it be fun to be revising one book while going over the proofs of another? And then there's book three of the series, which I believe will be due in August and which I haven't even plotted yet. Yikes! No time for the postpartum blues. I actually have real deadlines I have to meet. How cool is that???

1 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Sonja Foust said...

Yaaaay for deadlines! (Never thought I'd hear those words coming out of my mouth. Heehee.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Links

Favorite Blogs

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger