Jenna Black's Blog Experiment

Wherein romance author Jenna Black plunges into the terrifying new territory of blogging . . .


 

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Brenda Novak's Auction for Diabetes Research

Diabetes runs in my family. All of the women on my mother's side of my family--my grandmother, my mother, and all three of her sisters--have or have had it, and I have seen just how awful the disease can be. In fact, it's very likely that diabetes was a major contributing factor in my mother's death. So obviously, diabetes research means a lot to me.

Every year, Brenda Novak runs an auction to support diabetes research, and the bidding for this year's auction just opened up today. The array of items available is just stunning. There are tons of autographed books, lunches with great authors, promotional opportunities for writers, editor and agent reads for writers, and much, much more. A set of all five of my current books, autographed, is available, as is an ARC for The Devil You Know, which doesn't come out until July 29.

As well as donating items to auction, you can bet I'll be placing bunches of bids myself. The first year I knew about the auction, I won a lunch at RWA with Sue Grimshaw, the romance buyer at Borders, and I can't help thinking that that lunch is part of the reason why it's easier to find my books--particularly my backlist--at Borders than at, say, Barnes & Noble. I see that Sue is offering another lunch at RWA this year, and I urge the writers among you--particularly those who are new on the scene--to think about placing a bid on that. The price is sure to end up pretty high, but if you can afford it, I can tell you from personal experience that it's worth it!

To learn more about the auction and to see what items are available, go to http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/Home.taf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Links

Favorite Blogs

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger